An Information About Wind Energy Pros and Cons
Wind Energy Pros And Cons. Wind energy can be used to do work. The kinetic energy from the wind can be changed into other forms of energy, either electrical energy or mechanical energy.
When a boat lifts a sail, it is using wind energy to push that boat through the water, and this is one form of work. Meanwhile, the farmers have been using wind energy for many years to pump water from wells using windmills. Windmills have been used for centuries to pump water from low-lying areas in Holland.
Wind Energy Pros And Cons - Also, wind is used to turn large grinding stones to grind corn or wheat just like a water wheel is turned by water power. Nowadays, the wind energy is also used to make electricity. Just like a large toy pinwheel, blowing wind spins the blades on a wind turbine. This device is known as a wind turbine and not a windmill. A windmill mills or grinds grain and can be used to pump water.
The blades of wind turbine are attached to a hub that is mounted on a turning shaft. And the shaft goes through a gear transmission box where the turning speed is increased. The transmission is attached to a high speed shaft that will turn a generator to makes electricity.
In the condition that the wind gets too high the turbine has a brake that will keep the blades from being damaged and turning too fast.
First thing, in order to generate enough electricity for your home you will need to use more than one wind turbine. Of course that will depend on your electricity needs and the size of the turbine you have.
Wind Energy Pros And Cons
Pros of Wind Energy :
- Wind energy is cheap to produce because we do not need to buy wind.
- The biggest advantage one can reap out of wind energy is that it could generate electricity, but does not release any harmful gases or pollutants into the atmosphere. Because of this, makes it a cleaner and safer source of energy.
- The Power of Wind is free and in certain areas it is abundance.
- The most important benefit one can obtain through wind energy is it does not emit any damaging gases or toxins as waste from industrial does.
Cons of Wind Energy :
- This free energy source is not always reliable. First, you should consider place where you live, make sure that its place have enough wind with specifically characteristic such as speed along year. Some place gets wind but other place can get more. You won’t get as much out of your wind turbine if you live in a valley or a location where have a lot of trees that you don’t get a lot of wind.
- Wind turbines can be totally destroyed or get partially disabled when damaged by a storm or struck by lightning.
- Even if it helps to solve the electricity problems, but it does not eliminate electricity problem completely.
- During installation of wind turbine, you need to consider the skates you will use and the many other components of safety gear to keep from harming yourself.