Global Warming Facts
Global Warming Facts – Overview
Global warming Facts
Fact1: Melting ice in the polar south & north
The global warming has a direct effect on the continued melting of ice in the Polar Regions south and north poles. Ice in Greenland has melted almost 19 million tons! And the amount of ice in the Arctic in the summer time of 2007 only a fifty percent from 4 years previously!
Facts 2: The rise of the sea surface level
Melting of ice in the polar south and north poles have a direct effect on increasing sea levels. Many experts estimate if the whole Greenland melts, it will rise up the sea level to 7 meters.
Facts 3: Weather getting extreme/Climate Change
NASA states that the global warming impact on the more extreme changes in climate change or weather in the earth. The change of rainfall pattern can be estimated without causing flooding in one place, but the drought in another places. Tropical storms and typhoons will emerge with a tendency more and stronger.
Facts 4: Heat Waves in the world become more extreme
Global warming cause heat waves become more intense and more frequent.
Heat waves attack affects some of victims died , turn out hundreds of damaging crops, freshwater fish, killed cattle and triggering a great forest fire.
Facts 5: End of Glacier- source of Clean Water
The melting of glaciers endanger world water supply, and in the long period will contribute rising sea water level of the earth, and unfortunately that is what happened lately.
According to NASA, the number of glaciers in various parts of the world who lost since 1960 to 2005 no less than 8,000 cubic meters-Now, their scientist realized that the increase of sea water level and the increases of temperature globally are evidence that our planet is continuously getting heat.
The Climate Change and Global Warming Facts
The facts of global warming :
• Since 1880 average temperatures have rised 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit (0.8 degree Celsius) all over the world.
• The rate of warming is rising.
• The Arctic is feeling the result essentially the most.
• Arctic ice is rapidly melting, and by 2040 or perhaps earlier the region could have the first completely ice-free summer.
• Mountain snows and glaciers are hurriedly disappearing-for instance.
Are Human beings Causing Global Warming?
• Air pollution, deforestation and industrialization.
• The people are pouring more carbon dioxide to the environment much faster if compare with plants as well as oceans could take in it.
• Many experts indicate that organic cycles in Earth’s orbit could alter the planet’s exposure to sunlight.
What’s going to Happen?
• Estimated, in the century’s end Sea level would increase within 7 and 23 inches (18 to 59 centimeters).
• Sea levels to mount while making water shortages in parts relying on overflow for fresh water because glaciers all over the world could diminish.
• Strong hurricanes, heat waves, wildfires, droughts, along with natural disasters may come to be commonplace in many places of the world.
• Over a million species in the world face extinction from disappearing habitat, acidifying oceans and shifting ecosystems.
Check out other post about Gas Calculator
Filed under: Global Warming
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!