What are Benefits of Nuclear Energy?
Benefits of nuclear energy.With the renewable energy getting costlier day by day and limited sources of energy generation left, there is a need for an environment friendly and clean energy source. Due to numerous advantages that nuclear energy has for society as a whole, it seems to the answer to this problem. Nuclear energy is released from the nucleus of a uranium atom. We can say that an atom, typically uranium is converted in to a huge mass of energy.
There are many benefits or advantages of nuclear energy, which are discussed below:
• The environment is free of this poisonous gas, as it doesn’t emit any carbon dioxide that a burning of fossil fuels results.
• It is inexpensive, as high amount of energy is generated from a single power plant at any given point of time.
• Nuclear energy is eco friendly, unlike fossil fuel, it does not emit any green house gases like methane, carbon dioxide, ozone, and chlorofluorocarbon. These greenhouse gases are supposed to lead to the current climate change and the main culprit of global warming.
• This energy uses uranium in the production that we have a huge resource of uranium in earth.
• This energy is a compact fuel which makes it easy to transport.
• Radiotherapy is medical uses of this energy which is used in special medical conditions like cancer, where it destroys or weakens the particular cells.
• It reduces dependency on the fossil fuel. The fossil fuels like oil and coal are already depleting and creating a relatively lesser amount of energy, meanwhile a little amount of uranium generates a huge amount of energy.